What is being called the Congressional Reform Act of 2012 is spreading throughout the nation in the name of Mr. Buffett. This seditious trash has all of the earmarks of a communist plot sponsored by Al Kuy-Duh to undermine the very fabric of our society. Just look at the radical, anti-government ideas being spewed forth on the internet:
*Congressional Reform Act of 2012*
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
- A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security rather than a separate Congressional Retirement Fund.
- All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/12.
- The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves.
- Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
- The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s) LIMIT TO 3, then go home and back to work.
- If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people in the U.S. to receive the message.
- Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
Stop this insanity!
Consider the consequences!
How will we ever get the best and brightest to go to Washington to manage our tax dollars and control social values if we don't exempt them from the consequences of the laws that they pass? A special protected class is essential for the perpetuation of our way of government. That class is known as The Congress, made up of members of the Senate and the House of Representatives. These chosen few are special. They are smarter, richer, better connected and more handsome than the rest of us. We should treat them differently. They are entitled to it. We should honor them for all of the sacrifices they make while leading our nation to the pinnacles of every significant social, economic and moral measure of civilized society. We owe preferential treatment to our Congress. We can not in good conscience ask Congress to be treated like mere citizens.
It is sheer folly to treat the members of Congress the ways that they treat us. Where would it lead? Where would it end?
We call on all good citizens to do everything in your power to prevent the Congressional Reform Act of 2012 from inclusion on the ballot in your area. The citizens of this great country are not qualified to vote on fundamental matters of classism and entitlement. Leave these matters in the capable hands of Congress. Stay the course.
Thank you for your attention.
Citizens for Tax Complexity